Nadal’s anger at the statements about his return to the courts. The first Grand Slam of the season on the tennis circuit has put tickets on sale for the tournament this Thursday, October 12. Although the Australian Open takes place in January, they have already begun the ticketing process for the first major event of each year in tennis. In these, the tournament director, Craig Tiley, announced a few days ago that Rafael Nadal’s return after his injury would occur in Melbourne. However, as Cadena SER reported, the Spaniard still cannot guarantee when his return to the slopes will occur.
Nadal has been injured since January, when he injured his iliopsoas precisely in the first Grand Slam. Although it seemed that the illness would not keep him from the slopes for more than a few months, it was worse than expected and it is these days when he is beginning to train with some mobility. Under these circumstances, Nadal wrote a message this Wednesday on his Twitter account in which he stated: “I appreciate the vote of confidence from the Australian Open… I am training every day and working hard to return as soon as possible.”
Nadal’s anger at the statements about his return
According to Pedro Fullana in ‘El Larguero’, the Manacorí did not like at all that Tiley announced his return when this is by no means a fact. Along these lines, Álex Corretja explained: “It is a very friendly tournament. I think Rafa’s response would have been much more forceful if he had been another tournament director.” “He was elegant and polite, he didn’t want to take it upon himself,” he added.
“After 10 months, the understandable thing would be for him to come out and say in public when he is going to return. I would not announce that he is going to be in the Australian Open until he confirms it,” said the former tennis player and commentator.
MORE NEWS: “Novak Djokovic’s Shocking Scandal: Is Tennis Doomed? Uncovering the Groundbreaking Controversy!”
In addition, he showed his surprise at Tiley’s statements: “I have known him for many years and I am very surprised that he looks for headlines like this if they really are not true. It is difficult for me to understand that an entity as important as the Australian Open jumps into the pool in this way without being sure that Rafa has told them that it will be like this.
Very initial phase of training
Fullana recalled in the program directed by Manu Carreño that this circumstance is not the first time it has occurred. The Monte Carlo Open already announced its return this season and in the end Nadal could not appear. The journalist reported that “Nadal is in a very early phase of training.” “It is a long-term race. Nadal wants to return next year. Is he going to arrive in Australia? It is the idea that is in the team’s head, but there are three months left, no one knows how the body will respond when he loads it more intense, when there is competition training, and no one knows if the best thing would be to start in a five-set tournament. “There are many doubts that Nadal and his team have and right now they are unable to solve them. Nobody knows,” he concluded.